Water touches practically every room in your home. Its quality affects how your water tastes and smells, the food you cook, how your skin and hair feel and even how your appliances, fixtures and plumbing look and last. There are so many ways that better water can make a difference in your life. Click on any of the following links below to learn more about the issue and what Kinetico recommends as a solution.
Common Water Problems And Contaminants
- Hard Water: contains dissolved calcium, magnesium and, in many cases, iron.
- Cloudy Water: murky or greyish water is usually caused by dissolved or suspended solids.
- Chlorine Taste and Smell: chlorine has been used as a disinfectant to kill harmful bacteria in water itself or the pipes that transport it.
- Bad Taste and Odours: "rotten egg", earthy flavour and metallic tastes.
- Water Stains: can be caused by water hardness, iron, dissolved minerals or natural acid in your water, or a combination of these.
- Limescale: eliminate chalky white marks and stains from fixtures.
Water Treatment Technology
- How a Water Softener Works: hard water is softened by removing the calcium and magnesium it contains.
- How Reverse Osmosis Works: water pressure and a semi-permeable membrane removes contaminants from water.
Water Source Issues and Water Testing
- Well Water Treatment: if your home’s water is supplied by a private well, you, and only you, are responsible for the water’s quality.
- City Water Treatment: although treated, city water still can have some water quality issues.
- Importance of Water Testing: why do we offer free water tests? Because the more you know, the better off you’ll be.