Last modified: June 2021
Kinetico Canada Incorporated (“Kinetico” or “We”) owns and operates this Site. Kinetico is based in Bolton, Ontario, Canada. Although the Site may be accessed from other jurisdictions, it is intended for use by individuals in Canada and all Personal Information (as defined below) will be processed in accordance with this Policy and Canadian privacy laws.
By accessing this Site you agree that We may collect, use and disclose your Personal Information as described in this Policy and that the laws of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada will apply to all matters arising out of your use of this Site. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, using, storing and disclosing your Personal Information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not use this Site. By accessing or using this Site, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent to the handling of your Personal Information as described in this Policy.
Please note that We may modify, alter or update this Policy at any time. Your continued use of this Site after We make changes indicates that you accept and consent to those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “Personal Information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate an individual, and includes information such as a person’s first and last name, home or other physical address (including street name and name of a city or town), telephone number, and e-mail address.
WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
This Policy describes:
- The types of Personal Information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Site.
- How we collect, use, and disclose the Personal Information of Site users.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing Personal Information.
We take steps to ensure that the Personal Information that we collect about you is relevant to the purposes stated in this Policy, that our collection is not excessive, and that we use the Personal Information only for the limited purposes described in this Policy. We will only handle your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy except as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
We implement and maintain procedures designed to comply with the requirements under the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
We collect information from you at several different points on our Site. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect information from you in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- Information you provide - When you make an enquiry through our Site, schedule a free water test, request a quote, request information about becoming a Kinetico dealer, contact us for other Kinetico information or services or, in the case of our Kubewater.com ecommerce site, order products from us, we will use the Personal Information you provide (such as your name and email address) to facilitate the delivery of the requested products or services or the fulfillment of your request. If you join our mailing list to receive electronic communications from us, we will use your name and email address to send to you information about valuable offers, new product information, and other water-related releases or alerts. You are free to unsubscribe at any time. All such information will be used only for the purposes for which it was provided by you. Any communication or material you submit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, may be made available to our employees, dealers, sales agents or service providers to fulfil your request. If you are purchasing products on any ecommerce site that we may operate, any payment card information you provide is collected directly by our payment processor and not Kinetico.
- Costco Members – If you are a Costco member and enquire either at a Costco store or online about receiving a consultation, we may receive your name, address, telephone number and email address for the purpose of scheduling the consultation with you.
- Clear Gifs - When you use the Site, we may employ “clear gifs” (a.k.a. web beacons) which are small files embedded in the HTML code to our Site that are similar to cookies and are used to track the usage patterns of visitors while on our Site. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to analyze traffic on our Site. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies by visiting: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage. To opt out of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site, you can download and install the browser plugin available by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- Log information - When you use the Site, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Links - We may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our search technology, customized content and advertising.
Minors may not submit material to the Site without permission from their parents or guardians. We recommend using the parents’ or legal guardians’ e-mail address for any submissions.
We process your Personal Information on our servers in the United States and Canada. We may process Personal Information to provide our own services. From time to time we use service providers, including our advertising agencies, to collect, use or process Personal Information on our behalf. If you would like to receive more information about our policies and practices concerning our use of service providers, please contact us at 1-800-944-9283 or by email at email@example.com.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to respecting your privacy and providing you proper protection and management of any Personal Information you choose to share. Your privacy is important to us. We will not sell, rent, loan or otherwise provide any of your Personal Information to any third-party without your permission, except that we may provide your Personal Information to our parent entity Kinetico Incorporated to support us in the operation of our business (including any warranty administration) and to our authorized dealers, distributors and sales agents so they may assist you with quotations, water analyses, consultations and other water treatment information you have requested and except for our transfer of Personal Information to third party service providers who use it to provide requested services to us.
We may also share your Personal Information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to
- (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request,
- (b) enforce the Policy including investigation of potential violations thereof,
- (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, or
- (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, us or the public as required or permitted by law.
- In the event of a fundamental business transaction affecting our business where we share the information with the parties to the transaction and their advisors, subject to the implementation of the required use and security protections under applicable law.
We process Personal Information only for the purpose for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the Personal Information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their Personal Information whenever necessary.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use Site, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information, either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to supplement such data at your request if it is not complete. We ask users requesting Personal Information to provide appropriate information to verify their identity and to provide an accurate description of the information requested to be accessed, corrected or supplemented before processing such requests. We may decline to process access requests where permitted to do so by applicable law. In any case where we provide information access and correction/supplementing of Personal Information, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort and cost, in which case we may charge a reasonable fee to provide the requested information.